Last Updated and Effective as of: 4 August 2021
IF YOU ARE SITUATED IN THE EU OR UK, PLEASE SEE THE SECTION “ADDITIONAL EU/UK DISCLOSURES” THAT PERTAIN TO OUR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND ADDITIONAL RIGHTS YOU HAVE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
“Personally Identifiable Information” is information that specifically identifies you. We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information unless you submit that information to us.
Categories of Personally Identifiable Information we collect directly from you include:
- Identity data, such as first and last name or other similar identifiers.
- Contact data, such as email address or telephone number.
- Financial data, such as billing address and payment information.
- Employment data, such as job title and company or organization name.
- Marketing and communications data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and the content of your communications to us.
We may also collect certain other types of information that do not specifically identify you (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information”), such as:
- Technical Data, which includes information collected via cookies and similar technologies (and identifiers associated with those cookies and technologies), internet protocol (IP) address, your internet service provider, browser type, operating system, language settings.
- Usage Data, which includes information about how you use our Services, your access times, pages viewed, the routes by which you access our Services, your use of hyperlinks within our Service.
Information we collect from you directly
We may collect information from you directly when you:
- Contact us through phone, mail, email or our webform;
- Provide us a donation;
- Register an account with us;
- Request marketing or other information to be sent to you; or
- Participate in or attend our events.
Information we collect from you automatically
The Advertising Club or our service providers may also automatically collect information from you when you visit our Services through cookies and other tracking technologies. Such information does not directly identify you as an individual and is collected in the following ways:
- Cookies and Similar Technology
- Site Analytics
We use your information as described herein including for the following purposes:
- To respond to your direct inquiries,
- To add you to our mailing lists and send you emails from time to time about our programs and events,
- To process your donations to us,
- To create and maintain your account with us,
- To enable your participation in our events,
- To add your contact and employment information to our member directory,
- To personalize your experience with us including by presenting products or offers tailored to you, and
- For any additional purposes that you specifically consent to.
How We Share Your Information
Besides using your information ourselves, we may send your information to other companies, affiliates and third parties in the following instances:
- Our other Members. We may , with our other members through the member directory featured on the Website. You can request that you we correct, modify or delete your information from the directory at any time.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who may use your information to provide us services such as website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, information technology services, customer service, e-mail delivery services, auditing, marketing services and anti-fraud monitoring. These third parties may have access to Personally Identifiable Information that is necessary to perform their functions. One such party is Stripe, who we use to process payments for us for any donations that are made through our Website. To learn more about Stripe’s privacy practices, please visit https://stripe.com/privacy.
- Legal Compliance and to Defend Our Rights. We may disclose your information as we believe necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Business and Advertising Partners. We may share aggregated information with our business and advertising partners, in a form whereby the shared information will not contain nor be linked to any Personally Identifiable Information, to improve and enhance your experience using the Services and to serve targeted advertising to you.
- Business Transfers. We may share your information with third parties in connection with a corporate restructuring, acquisition or divestiture.
Please note that if you specifically consent to additional uses of your Personally Identifiable Information, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information in a manner consistent with that consent.
We are committed to the security of personal data. We take appropriate security measures to limit abuse of and unauthorized access to personal data. This ensures that only the necessary persons have access to your data, that access to the data is protected, and that our security measures are regularly reviewed.
The security measures we use consist of:
- Username and Password
- TLS / SSL
- DKIM, SPF en DMARC
- Security software
We attempt to provide for the secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and The Advertising Club, or information stored on the Website, our Services or our servers, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers and your use of our Services demonstrates your assumption of this risk. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the Contact section below.
We will retain your information for as long as your account or inquiry is active or as needed to provide you with our Services and for a reasonable time thereafter in accordance with our standard procedures or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. Even if we delete some or all of your information, we may continue to retain and use anonymous or aggregated data previously collected. Please note that we will not be liable for disclosures of your data due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties.
Protection for Children
Our Services are intended for ages 18 and over. We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from minors. When we become aware that Personally Identifiable Information (or other information that is protected under applicable law) from a child under 13 (or such other age as may be restricted under local law) has been collected, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. If you believe we might have any Personally Identifiable Information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Websites and Social Networking Services
As a convenience to you, we may provide links to third party websites, apps or services from within the Services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third party sites, and by providing a link we are not endorsing or promoting such third party sites. When you navigate away from our Services, you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to read the policies and terms of every website, app or service you visit.
The Services may integrate with social networking services. We do not control such services and are not liable for the manner in which they operate. While we may provide you with the ability to use such services in connection with our Services, we are doing so merely as an accommodation and, like you, are relying upon those third party services to operate properly and fairly.
You should be aware that Personally Identifiable Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, social network or otherwise online may be viewed and used by others. We are unable to control such uses of your Personally Identifiable Information, and by using such services you assume the risk that the information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties.
To opt-out of any future promotional messages from us, you should send an unsubscribe request to us at email@example.com. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. Please note that if you opt out in this manner, certain aspects of the Services may no longer be available to you.
The online advertising industry provides a service through which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from certain data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can opt-out of targeted advertising from certain providers at
If you want to stop or restrict the placement of cookies or flush any cookies that may already be on your computer or device, please refer to and adjust your web browser preferences. Further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website or some of its functionality may be affected.
Our Website responds to and supports the Do Not Track (DNT) header request field. If you turn DNT on in your browser, those preferences are communicated to us in the HTTP request header, and we will not track your browsing behavior.
Nevada Privacy Rights
If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to request that we do not sell your covered information (as those terms are defined in N.R.S. 603A) that we have collected, or may collect, from you. We do not sell your covered information, however, if you would like to make such a request you may do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional EU/UK Disclosures
We will only use your personal data as defined by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
To the extent permitted under applicable laws, we will also process, transfer, disclose and preserve personal data when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary.
The Advertising Club Is the data controller of all personal data collected through our Services. To contact us, please see the section titled Contact.
If you are situated in the EU or UK and have any complaints regarding our privacy practices, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to your local Supervisory Authority. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach your Supervisory Authority so please contact us in the first instance. If you have a complaint, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Provision of personal data and failure to provide personal data:
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to process your donation). In this case, we will not be able to provide services to you.
Third parties or publicly available sources:
We do not collect personal data about you through public sources. We may obtain personal data and other information about you through our third party partners who help us provide our products and services to you. We will obtain cookie data about you from Google Analytics.
Withdrawing your consent:
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may transfer personal data from the EU or UK to the USA and other countries, some of which have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection. If we transfer personal data outside the EU or UK to a processor, such transfer will be in compliance with the requirements of the GDPR.
Use of your personal data for marketing purposes
Data Subject Rights:
If you are a situated in the EU or UK, under the GDPR as a data subject you have the following rights:
- Right to access – This right allows individuals to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her is being process and provide access to such personal data. It also allows individuals to request details of the processing of their personal data, including, without limitation, categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed and purposes of processing.
- Right to rectify – This right allows individuals to rectify any inaccurate personal data about him or her.
- Right to restrict processing – This right allows individuals to block or suppress processing of personal data under certain circumstances.
- Right to be forgotten – This right is also known as the “right to erasure”. It is an individual’s right to have personal data erased or to prevent processing in specific circumstances.
- Right of data portability – This right allows individuals to move, copy or transfer personal data from one place to another in a secure manner without interrupting the integrity and usability of the information.
- Right to object to processing – This right allows individuals to object to certain types of processing, including direct marketing, profiling and providing for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
To exercise your rights under the GDPR, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that in order for you to assert these rights, we may need to verify your identity to confirm your right to access your personal data. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. In order to verify your identity, we may need to gather more personal data from you than we currently have.
Website Terms and Conditions:
Use of this Website is governed by, and subject to, the legal notices contained at Terms and Conditions. Your use, or access, of the Website constitutes your agreement to be bound by these provisions.
Changes to policy:
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this policy at any time, provided that any such modifications will only be applied prospectively. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of any changes to this policy means you accept such changes.
For questions or concerns relating to privacy, we can be contacted at:
The Advertising Club
989 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 1001
Our Website is maintained in the United States of America. If you are located outside the U.S., by using the Website, you authorize the export of your information to the USA and its storage and use as specified in this policy.
“Covered information” is any one or more of the following items of personally identifiable information about a consumer collected by an operator through an Internet website or online service and maintained by the operator in an accessible form:
1. A first and last name.
2. A home or other physical address which includes the name of a street and the name of a city or town.
3. An electronic mail address.
4. A telephone number.
5. A social security number.
6. An identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online.