The Foundation’s Summer Internships – Apply Now!
The Foundation’s Summer Internship Programs are designed to provide students in their junior, senior, and graduate years of college an opportunity to intern at one of the AD Club’s member agencies or organizations. Throughout the summer, students are able to hone their technical skills and learn interpersonal skills. The program provides the ability to learn about the effects of a strong EQ (emotional IQ), communication skills, leadership, adaptability, and problem solving—critical skills necessary for self-management that relate to success. In addition, the program helps interns learn how to make responsible choices about their academic, personal, and career goals.
The Virtual Lunch and Learn Academy
In response to the disruption that COVID-19 has caused to internships, budgets, jobs, and lives… The AD Club of New York turned our Lunch and Learn Series into an online internship development series. Offering 1.5-hour live web conferences in an intensive and highly interactive format designed to help juniors, seniors, and recent graduates enter & navigate the industry in these times of uncertainty. Thanks to our partnership with 100 Roses from Concrete and the G.R.O.W.T.H Initiative we are able to provide a full-bodied summer programming.
Check out last years’ programming!
Summer Placement Program –
In addition to our online series, the Foundation is back with a limited number of internship placements at one of the top agencies and companies in the industry.
Positions may be available in the following areas:
Creative (Design, Art Direction, Copy writing)
Overall, AD Club interns are provided the following enhancements:
· Opportunity to be placed at a top agency as an intern (PAID)
· 10-week Lunch and Learn series – An opportunity to network, meet, and tour agencies and companies throughout NYC.
· 10-week supplemental programming with the G.R.O.W.T.H Initiative.
· Complimentary admission to all AD Club summer programming
· Eligibility for receiving the Outstanding Intern Scholarship Award at AD People of the Year
PARTNERS – A special thanks to the G.R.O.W.T.H. Initiative, and other partners who are collaborating with us to provide your curriculum. Through the AD Club you will be able to attend offerings from each of these illustrious programs
- Keni Thacker & Rebecca Rivera – 100 Roses from Concrete
- Shameka Brown & Julius Dunn, III – The Only One There
Our Virtual Lunch and Learn Academy programming runs from 1st Wednesday of June through 1st Wednesday of August
Placement Program – The duration of each internship may vary depending on the agency or company’s timeline.
• Open to students attending schools or living in the Tri-state area (CT,NY, NJ, PA)
• Open to HBCU Attendees
• College Juniors and Seniors; Recent (within 1 year) college graduates
• Grad students
• 3.0+ GPA
Deadline to apply: April 16, 2021
About the Foundation:
Since 1986, The Advertising Club of New York (ACNY) Foundation, has been dedicated to supporting and connecting advertising, marketing and media professionals along their career paths. From high school students, to the C-suite, the AD Club seeks to provide opportunities and resources to promote, attract, retain & train a workforce of professionals that reflect all communities