Imani Albert is a social media manager and strategist at VMLY&R New York, a global full-service creative agency. Previously, Imani worked as a social media strategist at global PR agency, FleishmanHillard. Through culture-first thinking, Imani has worked with brands across apparel, food & beverage, entertainment, beauty, and more, to create social campaigns that make a lasting impact.
Her work and professional presence at VMLY&R has earned her opportunities to join WPP’s inaugural Safe Room class for emerging female Black talent across the network. In addition to her social media expertise, she is a fearless champion of representation for Black people in the industry and media, acting as chair for the Women @ VMLY&R ERG representing Black women. Across her work, Imani is continually pushing for inclusive work to serve all under-represented groups. Imani is also a cultural connoisseur within the agency, keeping an eye both offline and online, to know the latest topics in public interest.
Imani is a graduate of Virginia Tech’s College of Science, and the University of Maryland Global Campus. Originally from Maryland, her passions include outdoor recreation, horses, true crime, and exploring her city – Brooklyn, NY
The i’mPART Women’s Fellowship, created in 2016, made a commitment of $100K annually to retain more diverse talent and promote more women into leadership positions. Now in its fifth year, the program has expanded from helping 10 to over 50 women pursue their goals and elevate their executive presence – providing more access, tools, & nurturing necessary for them to grow and thrive in all aspects of our industry.
Each Fellow receives:
- All-expense registrations for industry conferences including but not limited to: ADCOLOR, Advertising WEEK NY, ANA, BE Women of Power Summit, 3% Movement Conference, SXSW, Fast Company Innovation Festival, CultureCon
- Educational workshops, webinars and master classes
- 1:1 Executive Coaching
- Neuro-assessments to determine strengths
- Monthly night school with PwC Executive Training Program
- Executive Salon Series fostering mentor connections and high-level networking opportunities
- 1-year AD Club of NY membership
- Access to the industries top leaders
Learn more about the Foundation’s dedication to fostering the talent pipeline here!