Meet The Fellows: Sylvia Knight
Sylvia is currently a Partner of Integrated Planning at J3/Universal McCann in New York, NY. In her current role, she is responsible for the cross platform media strategy for the Janssen Immunology therapeutic areas, overseeing the planning of consumer campaigns which includes channels from TV and OOH to social and programmatic media. After graduating from Howard University in 2013 with a Business degree, she spent over 6 years at Mindshare, under GroupM, and specialized in digital media strategy and planning.
Over the last 7 years, Sylvia has worked as a media strategist across a diverse range of clientele including: Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Cotton Incorporated, Forevermark, MovieStarPlanet, TGI Friday’s and Jaguar. Sylvia specializes in fostering publisher and agency relationships to create innovative and bespoke media plans and partnerships. Creating new and exciting experiences for consumers to engage with brands is always top of mind. Sylvia is a strong believer in collaboration and provocation which has helped her create unique opportunities for clients while also being nimble when needed for the fast pace of media.
When she’s not at work, you can find this Houston,Texas native cooking or eating BBQ! She’s a skincare and makeup junkie and also loves meeting up with her monthly book club to read their next page turner. For the past 4 years she’s also been a mentor to Nora, a recent high school graduate in the Bronx, helping her prepare for her 1st year of college.
Follow Sylvia on Meta, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
The i’mPART Women’s Fellowship, created in 2016, made a commitment of $100K annually to retain more diverse talent and promote more women into leadership positions. Now in its fifth year, the program has expanded from helping 10 to over 50 women pursue their goals and elevate their executive presence – providing more access, tools, & nurturing necessary for them to grow and thrive in all aspects of our industry.
Each Fellow receives:
- All-expense registrations for industry conferences including but not limited to: ADCOLOR, Advertising WEEK NY, ANA, BE Women of Power Summit, 3% Movement Conference, SXSW, Fast Company Innovation Festival, CultureCon
- Educational workshops, webinars and master classes
- 1:1 Executive Coaching
- Neuro-assessments to determine strengths
- Monthly night school with PwC Executive Training Program
- Executive Salon Series fostering mentor connections and high-level networking opportunities
- 1-year AD Club of NY membership
- Access to the industries top leaders
Learn more about the Foundation’s dedication to fostering the talent pipeline here!